Approximately one-third of people in India consider themselves to be overweight.How to Gain Weight in a healthy way.
Whereas, there is a good number of people with the opposite problem of being underweight.
Being too skinny is as bad of an effect as being obese.
Also, people see the problem of how to increase weight fast, as a serious one. No matter how skinny you are the main principles of gaining weight remains the same.
This article spreads information on the mechanics of gaining weight and some simple strategies on how to gain weight.
Here are 3 ways on how to gain weight effectively:
- Intake More Calories Than you Burnout
One of the most essential ways on how to gain weight quickly is to create a calorie surplus, which simply means eating more calories than your body requires.
There are several tools present online that can help you determine your calories and evaluate the best food that befits the specifications.
If your aim is to gain weight slowly, eat about 300–500 calories more than you burn every day.
If you aim to gain weight fast, eat around 700–1,000 calories above your body requirement.
It doesn’t require you to keep the calorie count throughout your journey, but it gives you a good idea of how many calories you are taking in and how many you are burning out.
- Make your diet rich in carbohydrates & Fat
People often make this mistake of cutting down Carbohydrates or fat when losing weight.
This might be the worst idea when it comes to gaining weight fast, as it will be difficult to get in those extra calories.
Eat food rich in carbs and fat, if gaining weight fast is what you are seeking. It is good to eat a balance of proteins, fat, and carbohydrates at every meal.
Finally, ensure that you eat at least 5 times every day with each meal 2 hours after the other and add energy-filled snacks in between.
- Grab some weight and start your exercise
Just to ensure that the extra calories you carry go towards your muscles rather than fat cells.
Grab weights and lift 2–3 times every week. Also, try to increment the weight and volume over the course.
If you are just a beginner in weight training, you may hire a personal trainer who will guide you and help you get started.
It is most probably a good idea to discard cardio exercises — focus on weights for now.
Performing cardio is certainly good for your fitness and well-being, but don’t do it in excess that it may cause you to burn all the extra calories.
Even though being skinny can often be healthy, being underweight can a sign of poor nutrition or having other health issues. So, if you are underweight, check with your doctor or nutritionist for an evaluation plan. Together, you can plan on how to gain weight in an effective manner.
Here are some tips on how to gain weight quickly:-
- Eat more often. If you are underweight, your food capacity is pretty little. So, Among the good ways to increase weight quickly– is to eat 5 to 6 small meals during the day instead of 2 or 3 big meals.
- Choose high-nutrient foods. For an overall diet for weight gain plan, select whole-grain bread & oatmeals, fruits, and vegetables; dairy products like milk and ghee; lean protein like fish and meat; nuts and seeds.
- Try Milkshakes. Don’t mess up your weight gain diet, with cold drinks and coffee that consist of very few calories. Instead, drink healthy thick shakes made with milk and fresh fruits, and add some dry fruits and nuts to it
- Put some extras. Add some extra toppings to your meals for the surplus calories — such as ghee, cheese, olive oil, boiled eggs, and dried milk.
- Give yourself a treat. Even if you are underweight, be careful of consuming excess sugar and fat. Sometimes it is ok to cheat on your diet for weight gain plan. But keep most of your treats healthy and have nutrients rich food for those additional calories.
- Stay active. Exercise more, mainly weight training that will tremendously help to gain weight fast by building up your muscles. Exercises may also boost your metabolism in such a drastic way.
If you are skinny and want to gain weight fast, don’t just dump junk food into your stomach which will only add unwanted body fat to your weight.
Follow our tips mentioned above on ‘how to gain weight’ in a healthy way, through increased body mass that not only adds weight but also gives you the appearance.